Question

Zapier Tables Error code 400: Error found at request.body.payload.record_id: Cannot create ULID from string of length 8 (general:validation_error)

• 25 April 2024
  • 1 reply

I can’t seem to figure out why I continue to get this error. I simply want to update a record in a table based on contact info from my CRM. Ignore the additional paths, I will clean those up later. 

I will start with the error I am receiving at Step 13, then back it up to where the data is starting to be pulled from.

Step 10 finds data in my CRM by using the Client ID linked to the Task (that was created in the CRM) that starts the whole Zap.
The static data I am looking for in my CRM comes over as a custom field. I need the custom field value of ‘3 Months’ to create a new task to end this zap

At this point, I found that Zapier does not like my custom data fields so I have to format the data in steps 11 and 12, otherwise Step 13 is trying to update a record with a string that looks like what I have highlighted in yellow in the screenshot below. I have multiple custom field values in my CRM. The meeting cadence just happens to be the first that zapier sees. Everything else is separated by commas.

So after cleaning the data, here is the action in Step 13 that results in the error.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Tcox090 

Check the field description for guidance about the expected values.

The Record ID field for Zapier Tables expects a Record ID from Zapier Tables, not from a different app.