Best answer

Xero: insert line break in the “Description” field of the “Create Sales Invoice” action

• 19 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello - 

I’m in need of a line break character in between fields in the Description section of the Create Sales Invoice function.

Has anyone solved this without the use of a direct Xero API call?

If not, can someone provide a detailed explanation of how to construct a Xero API call to do so?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ken.a 21 May 2024, 11:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @BSELLC,

If you have custom API call than it is possible to add a line break.You will have to use Webhooks by Zapier. 

You can find the XERO API Doc here https://developer.xero.com/documentation/api/accounting/overview

Hi - No, I’m using the pre-built Xero integration. Annoying, because this worked prior to the recent update.

Thanks, but the link-drop doesn’t help me; I’m not a developer, and I really haven’t the first clue where to start with this. Can anyone help with an example?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey,

You can hire an expert from experts directory here . You can reach out to me also if you need help with this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @BSELLC,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Currently, the Xero “Create Sales Invoice” action doesn’t support line-breaks in the “Description” field. However, we do have an existing feature request for this exact functionality.

I have added you as to the list of interested members. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

For anyone that comes across this and wants to be added please reach out on the main topic for this issue here and we’ll get you added to the bug report.

Hi there @BSELLC,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Currently, the Xero “Create Sales Invoice” action doesn’t support line-breaks in the “Description” field. However, we do have an existing feature request for this exact functionality.

I have added you as to the list of interested members. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

For anyone that comes across this and wants to be added please reach out on the main topic for this issue here and we’ll get you added to the bug report.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @BSELLC!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗