Best answer

Why none are of my fields in Monday.com showing up in Zapier when linking Monday.com to Sendinblue?

Userlevel 1

When I choose the ‘specific column value changed in board in Monday.com’ trigger the correct list of column headings from Monday.com appears in the ‘add or update contact in Sendinblue’ action. Using the same action, but with the ‘any column value changed in board in Monday.com’ (so I can keep track of relevant statistics in Sendinblue) is used as the trigger with the same action, I get a completely different list of attributes that do not match with what I have in Monday.com or what I have meticulously mapped in Sendinblue even though the trigger is set up to draw its data from the same board on Monday.com. Why is it treating my data differently? How do I troubleshoot this?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 3 June 2022, 02:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Global Helps 

Good question.

In this case, it’s probably best to include screenshots and outline a specific example in order for us to have proper context, thanks.

Userlevel 1

I tried to capture it in as few screenshots as possible.

Here is the one that does work starting with the trigger in Monday.com:

This is the action to take place in Sendinblue. As you can see, the primary email field from Monday.com populated the required Email here: 

This is the one that does not work. I expected I’d have to match up the column names in Monday.com with the attributes in Sendinblue (which I have already mapped to match Monday.com fields) like above, but instead I get a random list of values back from Monday.com where Primary Email is not even listed.

This is the list it gives me instead of any of the attributes I have mapped in Sendinblue or any of my actual column headings in Monday.com:

I don’t know why they are so different. I’m just trying to get it so any information in a contact record that is updated on Monday.com updates in Sendinblue as well. Sendinblue is configured and mapped correctly with Monday so I’m not sure why I am having this problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Global Helps 

Looks like in your Zap that isn’t working that Monday is returning the internal Column IDs instead of the friendly Column Names.

You’ll have to determine which Monday internal Column ID related to which Column name and then map your variables accordingly.

To see the Monday Column internal IDs, activate Developer Mode in Monday Labs: https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002138760-What-is-monday-labs-

Also, if the desired values are not being returned by the Zap trigger, then you may need to add a Zap step: Monday Get Column Values

NOTE: Don’t specify a specific field in order to return all column values.

Userlevel 1

Okay. Thank you. I had to move onto other work tasks, but I will dig into this tomorrow and see if it works.

Userlevel 1

Thank you. This seems to be working. I was able to get the column IDs back from Monday.com, but I also added in the extra step and tested the zap mapping just two of the attributes. It worked and the others look like they show up in the available list now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Woohoo, @Global Helps! 🎉 Super glad to hear you were able to get this sorted!

It looks like Troy’s suggestion of:

...determine which Monday internal Column ID related to which Column name and then map your variables accordingly.

To see the Monday Column internal IDs, activate Developer Mode in Monday Labs: https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002138760-What-is-monday-labs-

Also, if the desired values are not being returned by the Zap trigger, then you may need to add a Zap step: Monday Get Column Values

NOTE: Don’t specify a specific field in order to return all column values.

is what did the trick for ya!

Thanks for closing the loop here! 🤗