Best answer

Why is the Stripe Test Environment still Not Supported?

• 25 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have spent considerable time and energy creating a complex multi-path, multi-step Stripe Subscription Zap which uses 24 different subscription API Ids. 

I have now learned from a Community post that Stripe’s Test Environment is not currently supported “yet”.

That post is a year old. What progress has been made to develop better integration with one of the world’s foremost payment systems, please?

I do not have an appetite for sinking hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in transaction fees to test these Zaps in a production environment.

Indeed, should I be asking Zapier, or Stripe?

If anyone has any advice or has overcome this obstacle, I’d welcome any feedback.

icon

Best answer by SamB 15 August 2023, 12:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Flic 

Good question.

If you wanted to use the Stripe test environment then you would need to use these apps to interact with the Stripe APIs/Webhooks:

1. Code
  2. Webhooks

Help article that indicated the Stripe test environment is not supported: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496000527629-Common-Problems-With-Stripe#i-can-t-connect-to-my-stripe-test-environment-0-4

I can't connect to my Stripe test environment

The Stripe app doesn't support test environments.

Userlevel 1

Thanks, @Troy Tessalone 

I appreciate your response, not only because it directly answers that problem, but for introducing me to Zapier Code! You’ve unlocked possibilities I had long accepted were impossible. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Flic! 👋

I can’t speak to what progress has been made on the feature request to have test environments supported. Prioritisation for bugs and feature requests is largely dependant on the number of folks affected/interested. I’ve gone ahead and added you to that feature request referenced in that old Community topic:

While we can’t provide an ETA on when it would become possible to connect to a test environment with the Stripe app, adding your vote does help to increase it’s priority. And will allow us to notify you by email as soon as support for test environments is added.

Since we’ve already got one topic in Community tracking user interest in this feature I’m going to close out this one now. As Troy mentioned using a Code by Zapier or Webhooks by Zapier action to connect to the test environment would be the workaround here. I expect you’ve already got this figured out by now but for anyone that comes across this post and is unsure, Nick outlined the steps needed to trigger a Zap from a Stripe webhook sent by the test environment here. Hope that helps! 🙂