Best answer

When will Zapier support posting VIDEOS to an Instagram for Business acount?

• 18 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ve wanted to post VIDEOS to an Instagram for Business account for some time now. I check back periodically, but it looks like Zapier is still limited to Photos.

I was reminded of this when I was getting help at Creatomate, because of the well-explained “How to Automatically Create and Post Social Media Videos with Zapier” article.

However, if you want your videos to go to Instagram and LinkedIn, use Make (Integromat), as Zapier doesn't support those platforms yet. Check out this tutorial to find out how.

Agh! Well of course I’d prefer to use Zapier, and wonder if any timeline can be shared on progress towards this?

My use case includes: use Zapier to automate video posting to an Instagram feed, then embed that feed in another website and show them updated in realtime. 😄

I wanted to post this here, in case anyone else is interested and wanted to chime in… the more the merrier! Or something.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 20 March 2024, 07:19

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TORLEY 

Rarely are timelines shared for requests.

When new features/functionality go live it may be announced as part of Product Updates.

Best to provide feedback and feature requests via a ticket to Zapier Support to be properly logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks, I also did that and wanted to ask who else is interested in this feature request? 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @TORLEY,

I have added you to the feature request of the “Publish Video” action for the Instagram for Business app as another interested member. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@ken.a Thank you, I appreciate you paying attention, and I hope others who want this will also add their feedback here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @TORLEY!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

I am also interested in the Publish Video to action for the Instagram for Business app. Please add me to the feature request.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @soukoushistorian,

I have added you to the open feature request. While we can’t provide an exact timeframe for the features implementation. However, we will keep you updated via email once the feature has been implemented.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello there,

I am also interested in the Publish Video to action for the Instagram for Business app. It is maybe possible to create by myself a custom action ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @mediapole,

I have added you to the open feature request as another interested member. We will keep you in the loop via email once the feature has been implemented.

Also, custom action is a possible workaround for this. Just to be upfront, the Custom Actions Beta is considered an advanced feature, so our support for it may be more limited. Not because we don't want to help, but because APIs can be tricky to troubleshoot since we can't see what's happening on the other side. Every API that you send a request to is going to have slightly different structures that are required.

This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected, beyond taking a general look at what's showing in Zapier.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.