Best answer

What is Contact ID for Stripe and ClickSendSMS?

• 27 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there, I want my zap to delete a ClickSend contact whenever their subscription is cancelled through Stripe.

The problem is I'm not sure what to put in the 'Contact ID' box for the ClickSend part of this Zap. I've uploaded a photo of what I've entered so far (Stripe customer ID) but it fails the test, and I assume is different to ‘Contact ID’ - so what is Contact ID?

Please let me know what you think, thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 27 March 2024, 13:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@run.cash 

Try this...

Add a search for the ClickSend contact after the Stripe trigger.  Use the email address from Stripe (customer__email) for the ClickSend search.  Then use the ClickSend contact ID (id) returned from the ClickSend contact search in the ClickSend delete contact step.

Best regards,

Zap Support

GetUWired

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @run.cash 

You can use one of these ClickSend Zap actions to find the Contact, which will return the Contact ID.

• Search Contact by Email Address
  • Search Contact by Phone

Userlevel 1

@GetUWired @Troy Tessalone 

That’s perfect, thank you both!

I was hoping you could give me some advice on another slightly more complicated problem:

I need Stripe customers’ phone numbers imported into ClickSendSMS, but my customers don’t add their phone number when starting a subscription, only afterwards through a Stripe customer portal.

Is there any way to update a ClickSendSMS contact with the phone number that a customer has added after the payment process through the customer portal?

I’d appreciate it so much if either of you could help me out - this automation would really help me out,

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@run.cash 

You may have to trigger a Stripe Webhook in the Developer section of Stripe:

https://docs.stripe.com/api/events/types#event_types-customer.updated

Zap trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook