Best answer

Using Managed Users Email in Zap

• 24 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
  • How do I use an interface’s managed user email as a variable in a Zap?

After the managed user adds a row to a table in an interface, I want to update a hidden field containing their email (used for a dynamic filter) so that other managed users won’t see the row they added. 

I’m having trouble finding a way to use “current user’s email” as a variable in a zap that updates the hidden field in the table when they make a new row. 

Feel free to ask clarifying questions if needed, Thank you!
icon

Best answer by SamB 25 April 2024, 10:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @jacob.mirth. Welcome to the Community! 😁

If you set the default value of the hidden field on the form to be {{currentUser.email}} that should populate the equivalent field in the table with the user’s email address:

818024769863d3a5d45bc8b3fc6d704c.png

Can you give that a try and let me know if that works as hoped?

Userlevel 1

Hey!

Thanks for the quick reply! So the way the user adds a row to the interface is through the “create new ___” button that comes with the table component by default, so there isn’t an actual form where I can edit these settings.

For now I’ll just remove that button and add a separate form component so I can use this fix. That should work just as well!

Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me, @jacob.mirth. Glad to hear adding a form component to the interface to allow you to set the default value will be a viable workaround for you here.

Seems like you’re all set for now but do let us know if you need any further help at all. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡