Best answer

Uploads a custom video thumbnail to YouTube and sets it for a video

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

43 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Automateallthethings @Flecki @automarketer!

I’ve added all of you to the feature request. It’s still open, meaning we have not yet added it. I don’t have an ETA, unfortunately.

Userlevel 1

I would also very much like this feature. In fact, I was quite surprised when I found it wasn’t there.

Is there some solution right now? Still no thumbnail field in the action “YouTube/Upload video”.

Userlevel 1

Hey team +1 on this one as well, would love to be able to upload a thumbnail when running the zap!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @doubliyo!

I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for that request, too!

Hi, kindly add me as well, i also do want this feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @KatieK!

I’ve added you to that feature request, as well :)

Userlevel 1

Hi everybody, im also really interessted in this feature. so please set me to that list too - and im interested in that bot. So please inform me :-) Thanks ahead Katie

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@SSS I have added you as an interested user so that you will be contacted when/if this becomes a reality!

I would also like this feature to add YouTube thumbnail. Please let me know when you add it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JessicaP - I’ve added you to that feature request, thanks!

Hi, I’d also love to have this added!

Thanks,

Jess

Hi there @jack2020s ,

We also had this question a while ago, but this is not possible unfortunately. Zapier does have a feature request for this so maybe in the future we will be able to use it.

In the meantime, you could use a bot / custom automation my team and I created for this. Let me know if you are interested.

~Bjorn

@ForYourIT Hi, Can u share the automation too?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jack2020s! As @ForYourIT mentioned, we have an open feature request for this. Your vote has been added to it, and if it gets implemented we’ll notify you via email :)

In the meantime, it sounds like ForYourIT had offered to help via an automation/bot that their team created so you could reach out to them if you’re interested!

Userlevel 3

Hi there @jack2020s ,

We also had this question a while ago, but this is not possible unfortunately. Zapier does have a feature request for this so maybe in the future we will be able to use it.

In the meantime, you could use a bot / custom automation my team and I created for this. Let me know if you are interested.

~Bjorn

how can i do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi there @jack2020s ,

~Bjorn

Userlevel 3

Hi @jack2020s Could you share a little more detail about what you’re trying to do here?

It sounds like you’re using the YouTube Upload Video action. Could you let us know what other actions are in your Zap (if any), and what trigger you’re using? The thing that we really need to know is where the images are coming from that you want to use as the thumbnail. 

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for you replay.

i hope when i upload the video, it also can be upload the thumbnail.

just like this:

add thumbnail
in the same folder

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jack2020s Could you share a little more detail about what you’re trying to do here?

It sounds like you’re using the YouTube Upload Video action. Could you let us know what other actions are in your Zap (if any), and what trigger you’re using? The thing that we really need to know is where the images are coming from that you want to use as the thumbnail. 

Thanks!