Best answer

Teachable Zap not seeing "Product ID" data (needed for correct TAG in Mailchimp)

• 12 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m selling a Teachable Program with 2 “price tiers” each requiring different tags in Mailchimp (so I can send different welcome emails to each tag). The ZAP filter allows me to select “OBJECT PRODUCT ID” (which should reflect the price tier), but when the data comes in PRODUCT ID doesn’t seem to be collected by the ZAP, so the distinction never gets made and the proper tags don’t happen. Help! 

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 20 April 2020, 17:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @seekingbryan 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu !

Hi @seekingbryan ,

Thanks for reaching out- sorry you are running into this issue with Filter! To make sure you receive the quickest response, I am escalating this to Support so they can take a peek at your Zap to troubleshoot. They will be in touch as quickly as possible!

Userlevel 1

Thank you @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu  and @Liz_Roberts 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @seekingbryan ,

Glad you were able to work with support to reach a resolution here!

Posting a summary below to help other users should they encounter a similar situation in the future. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

By using the trigger “New Sale,” vs “New Enrollment” the Product ID is pulled over, enabling the user to discern between price tiers (Product ID). 

Userlevel 1

Yes, that was KEY … I was using “NEW ENROLLMENT” trigger, which did NOT pull in PRODUCT ID (price tier). I switched to “NEW SALE” as trigger, which does pull that in. Only there is a trade-off: now when I enroll a new student through the back-end on teachable, administratively, the ZAP won’t get triggered and I’ll have to now also add them manually to Mailchimp/Active Campaign (I use both). But, that will be a rare exception.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your help getting this elevated @Liz_Roberts @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu