Question

Teachable Unenroll Required field "Student" (user_id) is missing.

• 3 March 2021
  • 4 replies

I have a Zap set up so that when a contact in active campaign subscribes to my list “failed payment” Zapier finds that contact and outputs their info.  

The next step takes that info and finds that student in teachable which works shows the data out being all that student's info. 

The last step which I can’t get to work should unenroll that student from a specified course within teachable.  

Below is the error I’m getting can anyone help with this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @TreblDigital,

Here’s what I think you are missing:

When configuring the Unenroll Student step, in the student field, you need to map the student’s ID from the previous action (Find Student, 2nd action). I think you either missed the step while configuring or provided information other than student ID (you may have provided student’s email or name).

Use custom option while mapping the student ID.

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

In the Fined Student step it doesn’t give you the option to map the user id the only way to search is by email from the first step and you have no control over the output which looks like this (below). I’m thinking I need to use formatter to change “id:”  below to say “user id:” but i’m not sure how to do that or if I am even on the right track. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TreblDigital 

Try mapping the ID from Step 2.

When you see this it means there is a mapped data point, but that there was no value provided.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @TreblDigital!

Did @Troy Tessalone’s suggestion help you get to the solution that you needed?