Question

Setup Hubspot deal to create Shopify Draft order

Hi all, I am trying to have a setup where a new Hubspot Deal that is marked as CLOSED WON will create a Shopify Draft Order. I seem to be running into a roadblock because Shopify needs the email address for the associated Hubspot Deal contact. However i cannot seem to pull the associated contact information from the deal?

Any suggestions on how someone would build this out?

We have line items in our Hubspot deals and i am hoping that those will match up to my Shopify products and create draft orders.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @sydstone 

Try adding this Zap action: HubSpot - Find Associations

Could you send a screen shot of what you would recommend the action to be for this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sydstone

Zap action: HubSpot - Find Associations

Use the Deal ID to find the associated Contacts.

Then use the Contact ID to find the Contact, which will return the Contact data including the email (if it exists).

Its this stage that i am unsure of, could you advise what i should be entering to get the deal associated contacts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sydstone 

Choose Deal form the list of options.

Choose “Contacts” from the list of options.

The test is still failing when i use this setup

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sydstone 

Make sure to test the Zap trigger step to get real examples to use.

There probably is not a HubSpot Deal with ID 0.

Thank you for that. i have now tested using a proper order id. It returns a positive test but i am not gathering the email ID for the associated contact, so that my next step of “Create draft order in Shopify” knows what he email ID is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sydstone 

You need to add another Zap step: HubSpot - Find Contact

Then use the Contact ID to find the Contact, which will return the Contact data including the email (if it exists).

THank you. I was able to successfully create the above.

Now moving on to the pushing the HUBSPOT deal into shopify i am missing the line items. How do i set this up?

Below is an image from hubspot, showing a deal with line items.

in the action stage of the “create Draft order in shopify” i now have the contact email. But not sure what sould be done on the product side so that this is populated with the hubspot items.

When i test the above i get the below.which of course shows no product data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sydstone 

You would probably have to do a similar configuration to find the HubSpot Line Items associated to the Deal, then lookup each individual HubSpot Line Item ID to get more info about each HubSpot Line Item.

Aggregating that data before pushing to Shopify can be a bit complex.

Is there anyone that specializes in this that i can contact for assistance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sydstone 

Directory of Certified Zapier Experts: https://zapier.com/experts