Best answer

Same monday.com item is always updated

• 10 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi ,

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction getting my zaps to work properly.

I have a zap set up to use the “Updated order in Shopify” trigger, and the “Change Multiple Columns Value in monday.com” as my action.

It works, but the only problem is no matter what Shopify Order is updated in Shopify, the updates come through and overwrite the same “Item ID” in Monday.com. I am not able to figure out how to get the updates the trigger picks up, to update their matching shopify order. In the “set up action” window I have to chose the Monday.com Board, which is easy, but then it wants the Item ID, and no matter which Item ID I choose, all future updates go to that ID. I’m sure I am missing something.

Is there anyone who has had success with this?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 10 December 2021, 15:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @SmartNora ,

Can you post screenshot of how your Zap is configured? I would like to view how you have mapped input fields in the action.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SmartNora 

Try these Zap steps…

1. Trigger: Shopify - Updated Order
  2. Action: Monday - Get Item by Column Value
  3. Action: Monday - Change Multiple Column Values (map the Item ID from Step 2 per this help article: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action)