Best answer

ReCharge Integration

• 24 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone, 

This might be a dumb question with an easy answer but here goes: 

My company has switched over to Hubspot as our first CRM provider. It currently sync with all of our Shopify data. However, 

1. We use a Shopify app, Recharge, for our monthly billing as we are a subscription service
  2. Recharge is not able to relay the length of the subscription term OR how much of the term is left each billing cycle
  3. Recharge does not sync directly with Hubspot

Is there a proper Zap to enable Recharge to relay the subscription term over to Hubspot? And if so, is it possible to also show how much term is left in the subscription after each billing cycle? 

Example: Customer A signs up for 6 months. All of their customer info in Shopify automatically syncs as a new contact record in Hubspot except for the info about their subscription term (6 months). When Recharge bills Customer A, it shows up in the “Deals” section in their Hubspot contact record. This is where we’d like it to show “Deal #0000 - 6 month term - 1 of 6” etc

This might be confusing so I’d be happy to offer any clarifications!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 7 April 2020, 17:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @BeStew - Thanks for your question!

Have you had a look at the ReCharge trigger ‘New Subscription’? That looks like it will trigger whenever you get a new subscription in ReCharge and should give you the information the you need to update HubSpot 🙂

In terms of the Zap, you’d need something like:

1. ReCharge - New subscription
  2. HubSpot - Create or Update contact
  3. HubSpot - New Deal

​I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions!

Hi Danvers, 

Thanks for the reply. I confirmed with ReCharge that a new order is what we are looking for specifically:

New Order - This includes any orders we generate for a given subscriber. The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and all recurring orders.

So I set up a Zap:

1. ReCharge > New Order in ReCharge > Status: Success
  2. Hubspot > Create or Update Contact
  3. Hubspot > Update Deal in Hubspot

Would this solve our issue or each contact in Hubspot having their subscription length sync over from ReCharge? And could it also track how many months are left in the subscription each month? i.e. Customer A has been billed 4 times out of a 6 month subscription, so the 4th bill (or new deal) would show 4 of 6? Is that even possible? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @BeStew Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this!

It sounds like you might need a combination of the New Subscription and New order triggers. You would need the New Subscription trigger to show the total subscription length and then the New order one to show each individual order. 

If that’s the case, then it sounds like you might need an app that you can use as the middle man to store the information about the customer and their subscription. You could use a database app like Airtable or even Storage by Zapier to store the customer’s email address along with their subscription length. You’d need to update that when there’s a new subscription (to set up the entry for the customer) and then each time there was a new order. Each time you have a new order, you could find the entry for that customer and then update hubspot with the order that it is (eg 1st, 2nd, etc) and also the original subscription length. 

I hope that makes sense! The TL;DR is that I think you’ll need another app as a ‘middle man’ to store info about the subscription length that you can then pull into HubSpot when you get a new order in ReCharge.