Best answer

Possible to trigger Zap when shared files are updated in Google Drive?

• 18 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Can I create a zap that involves “shared with me” section of my google drive? I need to know when these files get updated. 

icon

Best answer by SamB 16 May 2024, 17:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @customerconcierge 

Article: https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-with-google-drive

You can't trigger or act upon a folder shared with you, so files added to folders you don't own will not trigger the Zap.

The connected account must be the owner.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here to note that there’s an existing feature request open for the ability to trigger for shared files. I’ve added @customerconcierge’s vote for that so we can get in touch by email once it’s implemented.

The only workaround I can think of in the meantime would be to enable email notifications for shared files. I don’t know whether that would also send a notification when a shared file is updated, or whether it would only send a notification when it’s first shared, but it may be worth looking into. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just popping by with a quick update to announce that the feature request has been implemented! 😁🎉

The new Shared with Me option can be selected from Folder fields - as long as the Drive field is either left empty unselected or has My Google Drive selected:
c77dc04151ebc66114ba6fe17fcd3ec1.png

With Shared with Me selected you can then access folders and subfolders that are in your Shared with Me area on Google Drive. 

We hope you’re able to make use of this new feature soon. If you experience any issues with it please do reach out in the Community to let us know. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡