Best answer

Podio - How to print multiple items?

• 22 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi

I have in Podio (www.podio.com) a item with a lot of fields.
One of the fields is a list where there is the possibility to choose more then one item (multiple values)

When i connect Podio to Zapier, only one item of the multiple chosen ones is showing in the text value. (The first one of multiple is showing in the testdata) See below

I want to list all the chosen values in a textfield, separated by comma

Example

Podio: 

• option 1
  • option 2
  • option 3
  • option 4

What i want: 1 textstring like this:
option 1, option 3

Now i get this in the testdata:

PodioFieldName:

value: 

text: option 2  (only this first one of the list and not the other one(s)

id : 4

color: DCEBD8

icon

Best answer by Danvers 1 December 2022, 13:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jonasvh 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have context, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi

3 printscreens

1: Podio: selection of multiple values in one field
2. Zapier: Podio linked field
3. Email: only shows the first selected option

How will the loop work? I have already tried that function, but i get only the first value. I use the same ‘hook’

Kind regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jonasvh 

It’s unclear based on the provided screenshots which Zap steps you are using.

Please provide full detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

hi
hereby some printscreen

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jonasvh!

Thanks for working with us to try and understand the trouble that you’re having. 

It’s still a little tricky to get a clear idea based on what we can see here. Can I see if I understand correctly? 

The field that you’ve highlighted in this screenshot:

Is the one that is a multiple choice in Podio. And currently when the data for that question comes through in from the trigger, you’re only seeing one of the choices selected by users, is that right? From the data that you shared in your first post, it looks like the information is in a line-item format. 

PodioFieldName:

value: 

text: option 2  (only this first one of the list and not the other one(s)

id : 4

color: DCEBD8

Can you see any other sets of data like this (eg that start with ‘value’) underneath the first one? If so, could you take a screenshot of that information and share that?

If not, then the best thing to do here is to get in touch with the Support team as they can take a closer look at your Zap with you. You can contact them using the Get Help form

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Danvers 

For that specific field, there is only one ‘value’ 

It seems that the value should be a array, but its just the first value.

Kind regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jonasvh 

I can see that you sent a message to our Support Team and they were able to identify that this is a bug with the Podio integration. 

In case you haven’t seen their message yet, here’s their explanation and a possible workaround:

It looks like you're running into a bug here. I've found a matching bug report raised with our Engineering Team and I've now added you to the list of affected users to ensure that you'll be notified as soon as there's a fix for this.

The bug report explains that "New Item and New Action triggers only provide one value for multi-select fields". This seems to explain what you're seeing here. 

While I can't provide a timeline for when this bug will be resolved, we’ll be sure to be in touch with you as soon as we have any updates.

One thing I can suggest as a potential solution (until the bug report gets resolved) is to use Webhooks by Zapier.

It’s more on the technical side, but it allows some customization for when Zapier doesn't have an integration for an app or when the existing trigger/action doesn't return/accept all the data you need. You can use Zapier Webhooks to poll information from endpoints, set it to receive Webhooks, or make API calls sending info to endpoints of your choice.

In this case, Podio could potentially be set up to send the new item to a Zapier Catch hook to see if all the (multi-select) field values are returned by Podio this way. Podio has a section on using webhooks here: 
https://developers.podio.com/examples/webhooks

and here under Apps for item.create
https://developers.podio.com/doc/hooks 

I’m sorry that this isn’t great news for you 😔

Userlevel 1

Hi  @Danvers 

I will try wit the webhooks.
It’s a pity its not working well at the moment. (I was in the past good working with automate.io, so i hope the integration will be implemented soon.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We hear you @Jonasvh! We’re also hoping this gets resolved soon. Let us know how you make out with webhooks in the meantime! 🙏