Question

How do I embed a JotForm survey in Thinkific using Zapier and keep track of course and user ID?

Userlevel 1

Seeking some Zapier Guru advice. 

I am trying to embed a Jotform Form survey into a Thinkific course. 

The JotForm form submission is the trigger. 

My desired action is to use the Thinkific API for Survey/Test completion so Thinkific knows to count that learning element as completed and a pass so the learner can move forward in the gated course. 

I am not sure how to make sure the course ID and user ID are included so Thinkific knows who to give credit to for the survey completion.

I am also not sure how to set that up from within the Zapier format. 

Can anyone provide me with some recommendations or feedback? I would really appreciate it. I know it is possible because Thinkific does this with Brillium. 

Thank you again. 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DingoRatNinja 

If you are trying to use the Thinkific API in Zaps, then use this Zap action: Thinkific - API Request

Userlevel 1

I was really looking for how to set up the Thinkific API especially given that I am also trying to ensure that the correct student and course receive the API.

I know I need to use the Thinkific API Beta in this zap as I had mentioned it in my initial question. Specifically how do I complete the Zap information required? 

I added the URL from the API information on the Thinkific website. But, what do I put in for the other fields to make this work? 

I do understand that this may need to be a multistep zap based on the response I received but the images for the apps provided in the response are completely different from the apps I am talking about and have different data input requirements. 

I feel like the response was confusing because it basically said “hey if you want to use the Thinkific API... then use the Thinkific API”. I know that. That is as far as I got. The second part of the response then said to set the zap up as noted in the images and they are totally different software with different features, functionalities, and data input requirements so they can’t be followed as instructed. I don’t use Air Tables which is what one looks like. I don’t use PDF.co either so I am not sure what that was even for. If it is about data authentication then why not just match the course id and name of the user with zapier filters or something like that? I am not sure how to interpret the response I received and how to apply that to the current Zap I am working on. 

I really am looking for literally how to fill out the Zap data inputs etc. Since this is a feature and functionality provided for with this Zap feature I don’t really think a developer is needed to create a full custom zap I am seeking assistance on how to complete the zap data inputs. 

Thank you, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DingoRatNinja 

Using app APIs is an advanced approach.

Thinkific API: https://support.thinkific.dev/hc/en-us/articles/5700872617111-API-Overview

App APIs can have many endpoints, each with specific requirements.

For help, perhaps consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts

Userlevel 1

This is becoming a real frustrating experience. If you do not have something helpful then please do not reply. 

This is how this is going: 

Me: I need help with Thinkific API Zaps. 

You: If you want to use Thinkific API then use the Thinkific API Zap. 

Me: Yeah I am. Still looking for help. Didn’t receive any. 

You: Thinkific API is advanced you may need an expert. *Says the guy with Certified Zapier Expert in his title*

If you do not have anything productive and valuable to share then do not reply and wait for members of the community to respond with their input.

Do not shut off the responses like you did on the first question so that other people can’t help.

What are you doing? Are you trying to sell your services instead of answering the question? If I wanted to hire someone I would.

I am asking the community for help.

This is a waste of time with unnecessary back and forth.

Do you even realize that NOT ONE QUESTION I HAVE ASKED HAS BEEN ASNWERED YET??

Stop replying to my questions if you do not have anything useful to say and let the community provide their input. Hence, why I am posting to the community page. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DingoRatNinja

Can you clarify which Thinkific API endpoints you are trying to use in the Zap by providing links to those to give us more context?

Also, including more screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured will help us have more context.

P.S. I didn’t see any Thinkific API endpoints labeled with Survey/Test: https://developers.thinkific.com/api/api-documentation/

Userlevel 1

I privately messaged you and replied to your last response - and I requested you not to respond any further because you keep replying and not answering questions. Now this feels like badgering. 

Please stop and allow the community to assist me further. If you needed this information previously then you should have asked then. Since you are an expert then why do you not know what end point this requires?

If someone else needs this information I will be happy to reply to them.

This could have been responded to appropriately the first time. We are several messages and DMs in and all this has done is make me start to research Zapier competitors.

This is not ok. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DingoRatNinja 

Since you are an expert then why do you not know what end point this requires?

For context, Zapier Experts are experts with Zapier, but that does not mean we are experts in all apps and all of their API endpoints. (There are 7k+ Zap apps)

The questions asked were to help the community have more context about what you are trying to achieve in order to try to help you configure your Zap steps, but without more info we are limited in our ability to provide feedback.

I hope you are able to get the help you need from the Zapier Community.

Userlevel 1

I reported you to Zapier.

By the way….I used a new AI that I had not used before to solve the problem.

This is why so called experts will not have a job when AI is more proficient. It doesn’t waste your time or money trying to sell you something instead of answering a question. It solved the problem in one second.

You were never invested in answering the question or you would have had a meaningful response the first two times. You only pretended to try and answer when I privately messaged you and called you out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DingoRatNinja

I’m glad you were able to get your Zap step configured with the help of the AI feature.

Userlevel 1

It was not Zapier AI. I am sure you care. It shows. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DingoRatNinja 

Regardless, glad you were able to get your issue resolved.