Best answer

One line of data in WPForms to two rows in google sheets

Aloha. I asked this question a couple of months ago and unfortunately had to step away from my project before resolving the issue. The previous question is closed, so I cannot revive it.  Apologies for the duplication

Here’s my issue: How do I take one “entry” from WPForms (i.e.: one line of data) and create two rows in my google sheet? 

I’m using WPForms to capture member registration information for a club. Most of the club consists of couples (e.g.: husband and wife), so I’ve created the registration form to gather information on both of them at one time.  So far, so good.

The next step is to get the information out of WPForms, and into google sheets so that I can actually use the data. I’ve set up a Zap with the trigger to be a new WPForms entry. And I’m looking at the “Create Spreadsheet Row(s) in Google Sheets” action to hopefully add two rows (one for the husband, one for the wife). But I have NO clue how to do this.

Here’s a link to a gsheet where you can see the ‘before’ and ‘after’ of what I want to happen

In my previous question, one of the responses is to look at the Formatter. However, I’ve looked at this and cannot determine how this can create two rows in my gsheet from one WPForms entry. If this is the solution, please provide some details as I’m not seeing it. Otherwise, please let me know if I can actually create multiple rows in my gsheet from one WPForms item.

In case it matters, I’m using the free version of Zapier

Mahalo,

Harry Z

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 30 June 2022, 10:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Harry Z 

You can just use two Create Spreadsheet Row actions to get it done. In the first one map Person A’s info and into second one map Person B’s info.

Aloha @robschmidt. Thanx for replying. I should have mentioned that I tried this. Unfortunately,  it requires a paid version of Zapier and I have a budget of zero dollars for this project.  🙁

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Harry Z Ahh, bummer, but thanks for letting us know. If that ever changes in the future, we hope you’ll be able to give this a try! I am going to mark Rob’s response as the best answer on this one, as it’s technically how you would achieve that. 

If anything else comes up or you have any other questions, we’re always here in Community to lend a hand! 🙂

@jesse OK. Sounds good to me.  Thanx for the assistance!