Best answer

Notion Database Default Template not used by Zapier

• 4 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I noticed that when you have a default template set in a Notion database, the Zapier trigger does not use it. Can this be fixed?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 9 August 2022, 00:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ContraDoug and welcome to the Community!

The only trigger for Notion is New Database item, do you mean that the data you’re getting when you test the trigger isn’t in the same format as it is in Notion? Or are you having trouble with a different Notion action in Zapier?

Would you be able to expand a little on your question, for example are you using the Notion trigger or an action (which one)? What are you seeing in the Zap and what would you want or expect to see? If we know more about what you’re trying to do that will be super helpful in trying to find you an answer. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Happy to Danvers,

Create a new notion database (call it “my danvers database”) , then make a template with content inside it, name it “my danvers template” for instance. Set it as default.

Then create a Zap that creates a new database item from “my danvers database” -- the expected action is that when it created the item, it uses the template that was set to default (my danvers template), instead it only creates a blank entry.

I suppose a change to this would be that when you are creating the zap, Zapier is aware of the templates and allows you to select “My Danvers Template” or “Empty Page”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I suppose a change to this would be that when you are creating the zap, Zapier is aware of the templates and allows you to select “My Danvers Template” or “Empty Page”.

Ah, interesting! That’s great feedback!

I did some digging and didn’t see a related feature request for this in Notion. I might actually recommend opening a ticket with our friends in support to see about opening a new feature request! Feel free to link directly to this topic as well.

It doesn’t guarantee it will get implemented but it at least allows us to track and gauge interest moving forward. 🙂

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us and the Community. 

Userlevel 1

@christina.d I tried opening a ticket but the form did not work for me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @ContraDoug! Thanks for letting us know. I double checked and it looks like you were able to get that submitted. 🎉

Keep us posted with any other q’s you may have. Always happy to help!