Best answer

Mongodb Error with Zapier

I am trying to connect my mongDB to zapier and the connection is just fine, but few things are unusual and also I am getting a error which I want to point here

1.) My connection is only established when I specifiy a database name although it says its optional

2.) After getting connected I am getting the “No address associated with hostname” error when I try to select a collection

Kindly Help.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 24 March 2020, 17:15

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

MongoDB setup can be quite tricky. We have a great walkthrough here: https://zapier.com/apps/mongodb/help that lays out exactly how the connection should be configured.

There are a few possibilities at play, so here are a few troubleshooting steps that frequently resolve this issue:

1. Zapier does not support using a full MongoDB connection string for a replica set, so you will need to point the component to the primary of your replica set.
  2. The full connection string for a replica looks like this: mongodb://:@zapship0-shard-00-00-ot5nq.mongodb.net:27017,zapship0-shard-00-01-ot5nq.mongodb.net:27017,zapship0-shard-00-02-ot5nq.mongodb.net:27017/test?ssl=true&replicaSet=ZapShip0-shard-0&authSource=admin&retryWrites=true
  3. To connect, you should try using zapship0-shard-00-01-ot5nq.mongodb.net as the hostname.
  4. Please note that if the primary changes on your replica set, you will need up update Zapier as well.
  5. The port you should use is 27017.
  6. The username and password to be used is one that you have set up for this purpose.
  7. Finally, all IPs should be whitelisted in your security/whitelist tab. Bear in mind that there is a 200 IP limit in MongoDB.

I can see that you also have a ticket open with our support team, so if the above doesn’t help it will likely be best to continue troubleshooting with them via email. 

Userlevel 1

I have the exact same issue, however following the above it doesn’t seem to solve? Is the solution still applicable, the replice I get from mongodb seems to have slight different format.

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I have the exact same issue, however following the above it doesn’t seem to solve? Is the solution still applicable, the replice I get from mongodb seems to have slight different format.

Thanks in advance.

Hey there, I’ve escalated your issue to Support for further help. Please stay tuned and thank you!

Userlevel 1

I am also not able to connect. Whitelisted all ips and still nothing.

Userlevel 1

I’m experiencing the same thing. Found a response (March 26 2020) to an article in Stack Overflow that says the issue may be that Zapier doesn’t support versions of Mongodb above 3.0.

Can you confirm? For reference I am currently using Mongodb 4.2.8

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60796781/zapier-giving-error-on-connection-with-mongodb/60868305#60868305

“You should check the version of MongoDB that you're using in the above Zap. Unfortunately, Zapier isn't currently able to support MongoDB versions above 3.0”

There is an existing feature request for supporting MongoDB v3.x.x and higher to be added to MongoDB

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@cxy I just wanted to confirm that, as @eduart.doria mentioned, the MongoDB integration is not compatible with versions 3.x.x +

Userlevel 1

@cxy I just wanted to confirm that, as @eduart.doria mentioned, the MongoDB integration is not compatible with versions 3.x.x +

Thanks for confirming

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue on mongo 4.2 hosted on mongo Atlas.

Any updates since the last 3 months?

Any news about it? When I try to receive data from MongoDB a timeout occurs. Do you know if Zapier uses SSL to call the database?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @matejj and @eduolmeda!

The only update is that the feature request is still open, meaning it has not been implemented. I don’t have an ETA, unfortunately. And as far as I know, @eduolmeda, Zapier does use SSL to cal the database.

Having the same issue. Would be great if we could escalate this. 

Having the same issue here. It doesn’t make sense that versions higher than 2.x are not supported - Atlas uses 4.0 as of now so I bet a lot of people are having this problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Natalia_P!

Just to confirm, are you looking to have a more recent version of MongoDB supported? If so, I can add you to the issue log here.

@jmontoro: I’ve added you to the list of affected users.

@nicksimard Yes, we are using MongoDB Compass Version 1.26.1

Userlevel 1

@cxy I just wanted to confirm that, as @eduart.doria mentioned, the MongoDB integration is not compatible with versions 3.x.x +

Is this still the case? MongoDB is now on 5.x.x+ and version 3.0 came out 6+ years ago (March 2015).

If this is still the case, clearly Zapier can’t/won’t support MongoDB integrations and should remove any advertisements/pages that are saying otherwise:

This is like saying that Zapier integrates with Parse which was acquired by facebook and subsequently discontinued a year and a half after version 3 of MongoDB was released.

I used to love Zapier, but this lack of support while continuing to act like they do is disingenuous at best and intentionally deceptive at worst.

Hi @Natalia_P!

Just to confirm, are you looking to have a more recent version of MongoDB supported? If so, I can add you to the issue log here.

@jmontoro: I’ve added you to the list of affected users.

Of course, it makes sense to support recent versions and that will be really helpful. Can you give an ETA on when this would be implemented, it is really needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Tosin! :)

I’ve added you to the list of affected users as well. I don’t have an ETA on when this would be implemented unfortunately but we will definitely email you as soon as is. 

Userlevel 1

It’s been a year and still no support ?

Whats the point of having the integration ?