Question

Mapping 2 zaps on different ID

• 15 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi there, 

I created two zaps to automate between Clickup and Toggl creation of tasks.

the first Zap creates a project on Toggl thanks to the one (list) created on Clickup

The second zap creates a task on this project in Toggl when a new task is created on Clickup

My concern is that the project is the issue as it has 2 different IDs between both apps. So when I create a 123456 project on Clickup it creates a 654321 on Toggl. This occures an error when the second zap is performed as it doesn’t find the project on Clickup. 

How would you perform this action ? I saw there is the “Filter” from Zapier but not sure it fits to this case ?

Thanks a lot for any help :pray:

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @scmilblick , There isn’t a workaround for the free plan that comes to mind if I’m honest. It’s one of the limitations of the free plan. Sorry I can’t be much help here!

Hi Seun,

Thanks for your quick answer

Yes, in fact after writing this post I investigated on the multi task and found the “Find a project on Toggl” as middle step. My concern is that I’m stuck on a free plan on Zapier and can’t perform this only one zap I would like to activate … :/

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @scmilblick , I’m not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve here. Correct me if I’m wrong but from my understanding the first zap should trigger the second zap when a project is created on clickup? 

For these kinds of zaps I would normally create a multi-step zap which would allow me to select the appropriate IDs for the next steps. 

Let me know if I’ve missed anything here. (Or perhaps add screenshots.)