Question

Make Zap run on existing data rather than new data

• 15 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, I have successfully created a zap that works on new data imputed into my Pipedrive software, however I am also trying to update my existing data too. Is there a way to create a zap that doesn’t ONLY look for the new data?

For example, I am creating a bit of a birthday reminder automation. Right now, when a NEW Pipedrive contact has a birthday that is earlier than today, the Zap creates an activity on the date of their next birthday. This works fine for the sample, but I am looking for it to run on contacts with existing birthdays inputted into Pipedrive. Is there any way to do this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

List of available Pipedrive Triggers: https://zapier.com/apps/pipedrive/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Many of these triggers include “Updated” (e.g. Updated Deal).

You can also setup Filters that can be used as Triggers when criteria is met.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy - thank you for your help. I can’t figure out how to make the zap trigger when I’ve updated a specific custom field for some reason.

So here’s my workaround: isn’t there a way to force trigger the zap to run all People who have the custom field “birthday” that is not blank?

Example, I have Birthday recorded for about 60 People. I want Zap to run through all 60 of those current people and create an activity dated “next birthday”. I have this figured out but it’s only working now when I input a NEW person and add a NEW birthday. How do I make it run on the current data?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Pipedrive has internal Workflow Automation that you might be able to leverage instead: https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000943985-Workflow-Automation

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Otherwise try creating a Person filter to use to trigger the Zap.

Userlevel 1

The Pipedrive automation is paid I believe and I’m on the Basic plan only. 

The zap that works for newly added people is already using the Person Matching Filter. 

But my problem is this only works with a newly added Person, not the existing Persons. I tried to do this for an Updated person and then using a Zapier filter, but for some reason the run is returning: “We couldn't find any new updated people.”

What is the criteria for new updated people? I recently updated a contact so I don’t know why this isn’t working

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@miranda47 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?