Best answer

MailChimo Send Campaign (Empty Fields Error)

• 11 April 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I have setup add/update subscriber to Mailchimp list from facebook leads. But when I then add zap to send campaign to new subscriber it gives me the empty fields error (do this) but my fields have been populated in the add/update subscriber list? Im not sure if it is doing it or not ...

Please help

Regards

Shane

icon

Best answer by Danvers 21 April 2020, 18:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey Shane,

Sorry you’re having trouble here. Would it be possible to share a screenshot of your issue - So we can see the error more clearly?

Userlevel 1

Screenshot attached, does every new lead that signs up now get the campaign?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey Shane, it looks like you can’t add to this campaign because the campaign is set to “sent” - Try with a campaign that has a different setting

Userlevel 1

On your platform? Where would I find that setting?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is set within Mailchimp. The campaign will be marked with a category. 

In the case above, the error message is telling you that you can’t add new people to a campaign after it has been sent. 

Userlevel 1

Ok I understand, better to send campaign when all leads have been collected instead of during. There is no setting to change that in Mailchimp unfortunately. Will look at a autoresponderthere. Thanks for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

No problem! :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ShaneL!

Yep, the Send Campaign action will send a the campaign to the whole list, so you’ll only want to do that once and you can only do it with a campaign that hasn’t yet been sent.

If you want to send people a welcome email when they sign up, you might want to look into MailChimp’s automations, for example they allow you to send an email as soon as someone is added to a list. So you could use a Zap to add the person as a contact in MailChimp and then MailChimp will handle sending them an email. 

Here’s MailChimp’s guide to automation