Question

Is there a way to execute different outputs alternately based on detected inputs in my system?

• 2 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a system with 3 different outputs and I want to execute them alternately whenever I have an input.

e.g. once an input 1 is detected, output 1 is executed, once input 2 is detected output 2 is executed so on so forth.

is there a way I can achieve this? Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ridge T 

Good question.

Perhaps Paths would work? (Pro+ paid plan is required)

Otherwise, to help us have more context, can you online a specific example for us with the inputs and desired outputs?

Userlevel 1

i have a fixed alternating weekly schedule between 3 people. 

e.g.

Week 1 - me

Week 2 - adam

Week 3 - Joe

Week 4 - me

Hopefully I’m making sense with this example.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Ridge T 👋🏽 It sounds like @Troy Tessalone was spot on with the Paths suggestion. Are you able to give that a whirl and let us know if it does the trick?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ridge T 

Perhaps you can give us more context about what would be your Zap trigger and actions for the apps you are trying to use.

Userlevel 1

@Ridge T

Perhaps you can give us more context about what would be your Zap trigger and actions for the apps you are trying to use.

The zap will be triggered weekly on Mondays and I would like to send a message on discord.

The schedule (person for the week) will be stored on Notion.

does this makes sense?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ridge T

What does the data look like that is stored in Notion? (screenshot)

With the # of people increase/decrease?

You may want to explore using the concept of a Lookup Table: