Best answer

Is it possible to insert a line break in the description of "Create Sales Invoice" action?

Userlevel 1

This post was split from topic: 

I'm having this issue in the upgraded Xero integration. 

Ends up looking like this

It was not a problem in the legacy version.

icon

Best answer by SamB 31 May 2024, 13:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 1

@jayeshkumarbhatia Thank you for your solution. It’s nice to solve this temporarily.

@ken.a That’s awesome! Fingers crossed it’s gonna be soon (:

@GlennLim Thank you for sending out the word. I agree.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks, I’m happy to share that the feature request has been implemented!

In the latest version of the Xero app on Zapier, any new lines that are added into the Description field will now be rendered as expected. 😁 To take advantage of this improvement you’ll want to ensure you’re running the latest version of the Xero app on Zapier. You can learn more about how to do that here: Update to the latest app version in Zaps

If you run into any trouble with this, please start a new topic in the Community here, or contact our Support team directly, to let us know. In the meantime, happy Zapping! 🎉

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @julia s ,

This is possible to do if you use API Request action. I just tested again and that can work for you. Below screenshot is from XERO which i just tested. Let me know if you need help. 

Userlevel 1

This was possible before, how can this be excluded in the new integration. Please post the link to open feature request so we can upvote! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @GlennLim, @Peterson, and @julia s,

I have added you all to the open feature request. We have reports from users that this was working for them before and recently broke.

We will keep you updated via email once this has been fixed.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Ken. You cannot believe the grief I am facing with just this issue.

It’s forcing us to manually update all our invoices one by one before moving on to the next process of sending the invoices to our customers. Should be a clean straigh process - create an invoice, file it, and send - now we have to vet and edit the invoices before they go out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @SBWT,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like it’s not possible to insert line break in the “Description” field of the “Create Sales Invoice” action in the non-legacy version of Xero. However, we have an existing feature request for this exact functionality. I have added you to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

@ken.a thanks

As you can see from my example, the connection doesn't even recognise a [space] between fields! It's horrible. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @SBWT ,

Have you tried to make custom API call for this? I believe that should work. 

Userlevel 1

We are still waiting for this feature to come back. Hopefully it will be sooner than later. (:

I can confirm as per GlennLim’s comment above that this was working for us as well for nearly a year and recently broke.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @GlennLim @Peterson ,

Yes, you are right. 

Currently the alternative solution is to make custom API calls so you can add add a space in line item description. 

You can hire a Zapier Certified Expert from here who can help you with this.