Question

Integrating 2 CRMs each has the same name in two different spellings

• 9 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create a simple flow where I want to collate all the unique contacts from 2 CRMs into a spreadsheet and send them one email for my promotion (don’t ask why I have 2 CRMs - it is a long sob story).

The issue is, there are some names that are common in both but with different spelling or with some extra notations.

Example

CRM1: Name = ABC

CRM2: Name = ABC1 or ABC_X

Both are the came contact but they have no common named fields (like email, phone number etc).

Is there a way for me to create a rule that ABC=ABC1 or ABC=ABC_X so that while the zaps pick them up from the CRMs, they make only one entry in the spreadsheet for my marketing promotion?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

You could use a Formatter action (or actions) on the zap from the CRM that appends extra characters.

Trigger = New contact in CRM

Formatter = Remove extra characters

Action = Stick the value from Formatter into the spreadsheet using Create Spreadsheet Row

This will likely create duplicates, but you can remove them easily enough in the spreadsheet itself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @manasij 

Just checking back in. Did you manage to work something out here?