Question

I want to create a Zap to attach Roofr reports to customer profiles in JobNimbus automatically.

How to create a zap for automatically attaching a report from Roofr with the relevant customer name profile in Job nimbus?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Afra 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: Roofr - Roofr Report Ordered
  2. Action: JobNimbus - Create Attachment

did that already but it wouldnt create an attachement and shows error

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Afra 

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered error to give us context.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Afra 

Mapping the Address variable which contains value of an address won’t work.

The File field expects a file object or a file url.

Help article about using files in Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453

Observation

You may want to add spaces and labels between the mapped variables otherwise it will be 1 concatenated text blob.

I tried correcting it

can i get one to one assistance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Afra,

In that screenshot you shared, that doesn’t appear to be a publicly available link to a file. It has to be something that if anyone entered it into their web browser, without logging in to any app/service, it would provide the file. Either loading in the browser directly (like an image), or downloading to their computer (like a PDF might do). 

As far as I can tell, the Roofr Report Ordered trigger doesn’t provide a file object/link for you to use. To request that it be added, you can contact our Support team and/or Roofr directly since they own/maintain the Zapier integration.

Also, since it doesn’t come from the trigger step, the way you have it in that screenshot, it would always upload the file from the link you typed in (assuming it was a file). It wouldn’t be dynamic based on the trigger step.