Question

How to update HubSpot deal after payment is received in Xero?

Hello

how do i mange to change a deal stage on hubspot once a payment has been received in xero?

ive linked it all up but i seem to be having trouble with the object ID part

if someone could help me?

Rob

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi and welcome to the Community, @Swiftrefunds! 👋

Is the issue that you’re not sure how to match the payment to the corresponding deal in HubSpot? So are unable to select the correct object ID?

If yes, then you’d likely need a way of identifying the relevant deal. Is there any information that comes through from Xero that could be used for that? Like the name or email of the person who made the payment perhaps? In which case you could potentially use a Find Deal (HubSpot) action to search using the relevant information supplied by Xero. 

If no, could you please share some screenshots showing the current setup (particularly the Set up action areas for each trigger and action) that will help to give us a bit more context. We can’t see into your Zap so any screenshots or additional details you can share about where you’re getting stuck with the object ID will better allow us to help. Don’t forget to remove or hide any private information (like names, emails etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Looking forward to your reply!

so once payment is received in xero i want the deal stage to change from invoice sent to client, to invoice paid, am I on the right lines with this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Swiftrefunds -

Yes you are! If I were in your position, I would try to have the object ID align with the customer name, then have the deal stage set to whatever makes the most sense to you such as ‘Complete’. If you’ve given this a shot and still have questions, feel free to pop back over with some updated screenshots 😄