Best answer

How to retrieve all rows matching a specific parameter in a MS SQL database column with Zapier?

Show first post

81 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Jolijt,

I’ve added your vote to the feature request too! We’ll reach out by email as soon as we have an update in this! :) 

One workaround I can think of might be to start your Zap with the MySQL trigger "New Row (Custom Query)". I believe each different row that is found by this query would trigger the Zap individually and allow you to carry out any desired actions on it. Though depending on the desired workflow this may not be ideal. 

Another potential workaround would be to mirror your database in an app like Google Sheets, which does support multiple rows for search action steps. Though again, this may not be an ideal solution for your specific workflow. 

Me too as well!

Any alternatives for now?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @Zeeptin and @LoganH24, I hope you’re doing well!

I’ve just added you both as interested users on the feature request. :)

Please add my upvote as well, this would be a great feature. Thanks!

Hi, @Harris!

Thanks for your reply and for letting us know why this addition would be helpful for you - I’ve added you as an interested user on the feature request. 

Could you please do the same for me as well? We would use the feature to retrieve all our customers that have birthdays that particular day and add them to a email list for that day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi, @Harris!

Thanks for your reply and for letting us know why this addition would be helpful for you - I’ve added you as an interested user on the feature request. 

I’m interested in this feature too, please add me and also is it possible to suggest workarounds in the meantime?

e.g I have a VoIP product, and I want to send Top 10 users to our Slack channel. Currently it can only return the Top 1 user from the MySQL custom query...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Oscar Bradford - I’ve added you to that feature request. Thank you!

Get my vote in as well please!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi there @The Agents I have an idea on how this can be "hacked” you could create a view using the FOR JSON

please read both articles I think you could find the trick.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/json/format-query-results-as-json-with-for-json-sql-server?view=sql-server-ver15

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/5348/advanced-techniques-to-transform-relational-data-to-json-in-sql-server-2016/

then parse the JSON you get from Row/Find

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Prioritization is largely dependent on the number of customers affected. By adding your vote, I was able to add some weight to the issue! 

I'm sorry I don't have a more definitive answer here, we’ll send you an email if we have any updates. 

I could really use multiple rows as well. do you have an idea of when something like this might be available?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Vagludir - I’ve added your upvote for this feature request. Should it become available, you’ll be contacted directly via email. Thanks!

Get my vote in as well please!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Dinozaur - Added you!

Userlevel 1

Please add too

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@SandsTabs you have been added to this request!

Please add my vote for this as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @chris12312124 and @stir you’ve been as interested users as well :)

Hi, this is essential to have not just for MYSQL but also Postgres. Please add my vote as well.

No progress on this yet? Please add me to the feature reguest as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Sankon - you have been added as an interested user!

Userlevel 1

Please add me as well. 

Its essential for pulling multiple row for reports, so yes please 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @involved, I’ve added you as an interested user on the feature request 🙂 Thanks!

please add me too. thanks!