Best answer

How to retrieve all rows matching a specific parameter in a MS SQL database column with Zapier?

Show first post

79 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Add me to … seems silly that this request has been in queue for over 2 years.  You’ve enabled a custom SELECT from SQL, but you only allow inserting 1 record.  I’m not even sure how this is helpful.

Add me to that list, seems like a pretty basic necessity for any database integration.

Please add me too. Really need this feature.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @saintbrian 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, we’ll notify you via email once available. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @aydinflyp! While we don’t have any updates to share at this time, I did get your vote added to this request. We’ll be sure to shoot you an email once we do know more. 🙂

My teammate Sam did post a potential workaround depending on your workflow that I’ll drop below: 

One workaround I can think of might be to start your Zap with the MySQL trigger "New Row (Custom Query)". I believe each different row that is found by this query would trigger the Zap individually and allow you to carry out any desired actions on it. Though depending on the desired workflow this may not be ideal. 

Another potential workaround would be to mirror your database in an app like Google Sheets, which does support multiple rows for search action steps. 

I hope this helps and welcome to the Community! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @MFav,

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, we’ll notify you via email once available. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Vagludir - I’ve added your upvote for this feature request. Should it become available, you’ll be contacted directly via email. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here, @asg3. We’ve added your vote to the feature request and will be in touch by email once it’s added. 🙂

Please add my vote.   It’s crazy that it’ll only update one row at a time, it almost renders the app useless!!

Hey @christina.d, thank you for the quick response. Tried that mentioned solution out with Postgres and SendGrid. My custom query returned two rows but I had the option to select only one to continue and send an email with SendGrid. I will wait until a complete solution comes out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Amrit 

I’ve added your vote for the feature request. We’ll shoot you an email once this is available. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Of course, @tlwaller! I’ve added your vote to that feature request now. We will notify you by email once it’s been added. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You got it, @Amanda Shah! I’ve got your vote added to that request. 🙂We’ll keep you in the loop via email as well as update this thread as soon as we know more. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @dubbs 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Jolijt,

I’ve added your vote to the feature request too! We’ll reach out by email as soon as we have an update in this! :) 

One workaround I can think of might be to start your Zap with the MySQL trigger "New Row (Custom Query)". I believe each different row that is found by this query would trigger the Zap individually and allow you to carry out any desired actions on it. Though depending on the desired workflow this may not be ideal. 

Another potential workaround would be to mirror your database in an app like Google Sheets, which does support multiple rows for search action steps. Though again, this may not be an ideal solution for your specific workflow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@devHC you have been added as another vote for this addition. As Danvers mentioned, you will receive an email if this functionality becomes a reality. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @The Agents!

It’s not currently possible to find more than one row using the Find Row/Find Row using Custom query actions in the MySQL Zapier integration, sorry about that!

We do have a feature request open to for this and I've added your email address as another vote for this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality. 

I could really use multiple rows as well. do you have an idea of when something like this might be available?

Is this still not solved? 

I’m using a Zap to retrieve data from our MS SQL database. I need the zap to retrieve every row that match a certain parameter in a specific column. For instance, I need every row that has invoice # 3511151 in the invoice # column of the table. Is this possible?

Hi @Danvers 

Is there any progress on this?

No progress on this yet? Please add me to the feature reguest as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing, @ManorlyDev! I’ve added your vote to the feature request so we’ll be sure to notify you as soon as it’s added. I’d recommend giving the workaround Mark B suggested here a try in the meantime. 

Mark B’s suggestion won’t work if you don’t have a unique column in your data set. I can’t believe it has been 3 years and there still is no solution. MySQL queries return multiple rows all the time!!

Is there any chance this request will ever be addressed? It has been 3 years...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Dinozaur - Added you!

Gahhh add a vote from me, too, please.