Best answer

How to perform a contains search in Zapier SugarCRM searches?

• 30 November 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m trying to search a SugarCRM field to get it to return a record. The SugarCRM field in question is a text field that can contain up to three item numbers separated by a comma. My trigger data only ever has one item number. If the record only has one item number then the search works, but as soon as it is not an exact match it fails. If I manually do a search in sugar I can change the parameters to “contains” and it returns the expected results. The Zapier->SugarCRM search doesn’t give me options and appears to only perform an exact match search. I’ve tried a couple of different ways to amend the search by entering the sugar Boolean % and {{Contains(XXXDATAXXX)}} and neither work. Is there a way to enter code in the search to force it into a contains command?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 30 November 2023, 23:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Astounded 

Good question.

You would likely have to explore using the SugarCRM API: https://support.sugarcrm.com/documentation/sugar_developer/sugar_developer_guide_13.0/integration/web_services/rest_api/

App APIs can be used in Zaps via these apps: