Question

How to Match Records in a Lookup Table

• 27 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello

I would so much appreciate it if someone can guide me how to use a Lookup Table in my workflow.

Here is a simplified version of what I need to do:

Trigger: Shopify New Paid Order

Next: Find a “Line Item Name” value in a Lookup Table in Field A

Next: Replace “Line Item Name” in previous step with matching record in Lookup Table Field B

Next: Send myself an Zapier Email with the updated “Line Item Name”

Next: Loop the search and replace until no more “Line Item Name” items is found (when multiple items are purchased).

I am looking forward to your response.

Jannie

Below is an image of the Lookup Table

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jannie 

The Looping app can be used for iterations: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

In order for us to have more context, post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @Troy Tessalone

Thank so much for your response and recommendation.

The steps as I am currently using – The insertion of the Lookup Table steps is indicated in the first screenshot.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jannie 

Heads up, the mapped variable in step 4 is invalid and may cause an error, the value is not an email address.

Make sure to check the field descriptions for guidance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jannie 

For Step 5-6 are you trying to have those happen per Line Item?

In other words, if a Shopify Order has 2 Line Items, then would there be 2 Deals created in ActiveCampaign and 2 Emails sent?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone

Thanks for pointing out step 4. I will correct it.

@Jannie

For Step 5-6 are you trying to have those happen per Line Item?

In other words, if a Shopify Order has 2 Line Items, then would there be 2 Deals created in ActiveCampaign and 2 Emails sent?

No, only create 1 deal with multiple Line Items (tags), or products purchased by customer. Where multiple “Custom Order” items are purchased, I would like to only pass the “Custom Order” Line Item once.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jannie 

Your logic involves handling line items separately for certain Zap actions plus aggregating those line items before performing certain Zap actions, which can be a bit complex.

To loop thru each line item, you’d need to use Looping: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

After the Last Loop Iteration, you can have a Filter step continue the remaining Zap steps.

How to do this is outlined in the above link.

In order to create 1 AC Deal and 1 Email, you’ll need to use the concept of either:

Some of your logic may involve using custom Code.
(e.g. filter to only include “Custom Order” once even for multiple instances)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @Troy Tessalone 

Thank your for your detailed feedback. Let me see how I manage with the suggestions – I am still trying to get “a picture” of how the Zapier steps fit together, and what is needed to trigger the next action :-)

I will post feedback.