Question

How to get Fireflies.ai Summary from URL

• 22 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to have Zapier take the Attendees, Summary, and Action Items sections from a Fireflies.ai meeting and add them to OneNote. The problem is, it’s not from my Fireflies account. My client forwards me the email from Fireflies and it only has the URL to the meeting recap.

I tried using the Web Parser, but it doesn’t collect any of the information I need. The content field is blank, and no other fields contain the data I need.

Is there a way I can extract the information I actually need without needing to log in to my client’s Fireflies account?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @smallbiz096 

Good question.

We would need to see a real example of a clickable link that you are trying to use.

Userlevel 1

Hi @smallbiz096 

Good question.

We would need to see a real example of a clickable link that you are trying to use.

Hey @Troy Tessalone! Thanks for responding. I have the automation currently set to split the email body text after “View meeting recap” and then the next step takes that output and extracts the URL from it.

I can’t share a link to my clients’ private calls, but here’s the link to Fireflies’ example call: https://app.fireflies.ai/view/Fireflies-AI-Platform-Quick-Overview::b1H42tdxM8

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@smallbiz096 

The provided url is a link to a Fireflies page which has a section for the transcript.

Similar to a YouTube page that has a section for the embedded video.

The Fireflies page may require a login to view the info.

That may be why you are unable to scrape the desired info.

Generally, you’d use this Zap trigger: Fireflies - New Meeting

That would require connecting the Fireflies app account to Zapier here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Troy Tessalone! The link is actually set to be viewable by anyone. I haven’t had any luck getting it to pull the summary though, so I think I’ll just let my client know that we’ll need to log in directly.