Best answer

How to Extract Shopify metafields to be used on a Google Docs file

Show first post

33 replies

Request for this also - we need to be able to update customer metadata, and access product metadata within Zaps.

plz we need this 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @stylebase! Great question. I hope you don’t mind - I merged your comment into the main thread.

Sorry to say we don’t have an official workaround to offer at the moment. I did go ahead and add your vote to this feature request though. We’ll keep you and the topic updated if anything changes. 🙂

Thanks again for flagging this in Community! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Dear Zapier community

I am moving my store from Webflow to Shopify and am trying to perform the following actions:

• automatically post a product from mySQL database → all good
  • automatically populate metafields for the product from mySQL database → problem

I can see that populating metafield is not an option on the shopify action integration. It wasn’t the case for custom fields either on Webflow, but I was still about to do so using the PATCH webhook on Zapier (ref here). 

This is critical to my operations. Does anybody know if I can put a similar system in place for Shopify?

Thanks a lot

Elsa

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi, @KWF! The Shopify integration doesn’t currently support metadata, I’m sorry about that. 

We do have a feature request open to add metadata to Shopify triggers and actions and I’ve added you as an interested user. This lets the team know how many folks would like to see this addition and also means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I guess the question is - if we create either product or variant metafields on our store, after a customer orders, will those fields be available through to be accessed through Zapier when we try to pass the product-level order details through a Zap we create?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @KWF 

Here’s a tutorial on how to do it with Google sheet, should give you an idea on how to map certain data: https://zapier.com/blog/save-shopify-orders-google-sheet/

This doesn’t cover the tutorial for extracting the Metafields of the Product. Is there any guide for that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @KWF 

Here’s a tutorial on how to do it with Google sheet, should give you an idea on how to map certain data: https://zapier.com/blog/save-shopify-orders-google-sheet/