Best answer

How to automate member removal/deactivation in the trainerize app, if a PayPal subscription has failed?

• 8 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there. 

So I am looking to finish setting up ABC Trainerize app with monthly subscriptions from PayPal. 

I am looking to figure out how to ‘deactivate’ a member in Trainerize, if his monthly subscription fails in PayPal. 

Can someone please help me with this. 

icon

Best answer by ken.a 25 April 2024, 07:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey Jo,

You will have to use the Zapier Webhook to fetch/catch the Subscription cancellation event from PayPal. Then, you can create a simple Zap to deactivate the Client account in Trainerize.

Step-1

Step-2

Then you can apply a conditional filter to pass the data to Trainerize App module and deactivate the user.

Userlevel 1

Oh my word, thank you, but my really primitive brain is just no getting this. 

Really new to Zapier and hooks. 

Trying to make the Trainerize App work for me, as the native payment gateway Stripe is not available in our country. 

So much effort

But thank you so much. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Coached Jo,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like we have an existing feature request to support cancelled/failed subscription trigger. I have added your vote to the feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

In the meantime, you can use the Webhooks By Zapier as a workaround as @growwstacks suggested.

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Thank you, very kind of both of you to take time to respond. 

I really appreciate it.