Best answer

How do I automate Plug&Pay PDF invoices to Google Drive and email my accountant?

When a PDF invoice is created in Plug&Pay I want to create a shared folder in Google Drive specific to this client, then auto-upload the PDF invoice to that specific folder and send an e-mail with the PDF invoice attached to my accountant

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 15 May 2024, 16:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @lotalifestyle.be 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode along with details about what you are having trouble with configuring in the Zap steps.

Help article about sending files in Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453

Steps

1. Trigger: Plug&Pay - Invoice Created
  2. Action: GDrive - Find/Create Folder
  3. Action: GDrive - Upload File
  4. Action: Gmail - Send Email

Hi Troy,

Thank you for reaching out.
Here you can find a screenshot from my  zap in edit mode.
I contacted the support from Plug&Pay but they say it is not possible to send the pdf invoice to a second e-mail address, but it is possible to export the pdf via the order platform and upload them manually. I wonder if you have any idea how to get around this, so it is automated. Every step is working, except that I cannot find the file to upload  step 3.Upload File in Google Drive.

PS. My accountant has a platform where I need to upload my  files  manually or send the system an e-mail.

Thank you,
Lore

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lotalifestyle.be 

The Plug&Pay Zap trigger step would need to provide a file object or a file url to use in Step 3 to upload to GDrive.

Or have another Zap action step where you can search for an invoice to get the invoice PDF file.

Help article about sending files in Zaps.

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453

Thanks Troy, I managed to forward the pdf attachement in the e-mail I received to my accountant :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know @lotalifestyle.be! 🤗

Sounds like you’ve got things sorted for now but if anything changes on that please do let us know. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡