Best answer

How to add different fields into message body in Microsoft Teams

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone

I am new to zapier. I am trying to automate some dataflow from a platform called Salesforce to Teams. 

Basically what I am trying to achieve is, when a new opportunity has been made (record) it will publish it into a Teams channel chat. I have managed to set this up but the format is not how i would like it to be. 

right now it publishes it like this

0017Q00000HpsqVQAR0057Q000003zuDOQAYXaaSLandDenmark2022-05-12T00:00:00ZA meeting with the project ownerEmployee Referral

I want it to add like this:

Account ID: xxx

Sales type: xxx

is there a way that we can set the format to be like this?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 13 May 2022, 14:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @seco 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap action step for Teams is configured in order for us to have more context about how you have the variables mapped and formatted between Zap steps, thanks.

Userlevel 1

hi Troy

thanks for getting back to me, below i have attached screenshots of the config. Im not sure if this is enough but would appreciate some help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@seco 

You’ll need to add line breaks and labels between the variables otherwise the values will come thru as a blob of text.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @seco! 

Just to clarify what Troy means here…

In the message text, type ‘Account ID:’ then use the dropdown box to select the field from Salesforce. Press enter to get a new line, then do the same thing for the next field . Here’s an example:

I hope that’s clear, let us know if you have any questions!