Question

How do I update a HubSpot custom property value based on its current value using Zapier?

• 8 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello, I’m trying to build a Zap that assigns a custom property value in Hubspot based on whatever the current value is. For example if the current custom property value is “Uncontacted”, I want it to assign “Contacted #1”. If the current value is “Contacted #1”, I want it to assign “Contacted #2” after the trigger.

I’m using a path to do this & the Create or Update Contact Hubspot integration, but I cannot find out how to get the custom property data from Hubspot into the the if/only statement of the path. When I try to create the path, I can only see the default HubSpot data (from the Create or Update Contact step before) and not the custom property data I need to make the if/only function.

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mjhustle 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

In the HubSpot step, make sure to selected the desired customer properties in the “Additional Properties to Retrieve” section.