Best answer

How do I trigger my Zap when a new hire is input into Bamboo rather than their start date?

Userlevel 1

We use Workable and BambooHR (i.e. Workable for recruitment and as soon as someone is ‘hired’ this triggers a ‘new employee’ record in BambooHR).

I have a zap that triggers when this happens (into a Monday.com board) but unfortunately its triggering on the new starters start date and not when they are input into BambooHR (this could be months in advance of their start date).

I have looked at doing a trigger when the person is moved to ‘hired’ in Workable but it only works if I select individual jobs, but we have so many new roles going on the system at all times it seems silly that I would manually have to update a zap to include that role, is there a way to include all jobs on Workable and when someone is moved to ‘hired’ then the zap triggers.

i.e.:

1. Workable - candidate is moved to hired (no restraint on which role, all roles to be included)
  2. Trigger creates a new line in Monday.com board

Thanks

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 10 May 2022, 02:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @swytch 

Good question.

If selecting a specific job is required as part of the Zap trigger step for Workable, then you’ll likely have to use Workable Webhooks as a workaround via the Workable API: https://help.workable.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013356548-Workable-API-Documentation

1. Create webhook subscriptions to automatically receive data when candidates moved to the Hired stage and use candidate endpoint to get full profile information

The Zap trigger would be Webhook - Catch Hook, which will generate the webhook URL to place in Workable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi@swytch!

As Troy mentioned, you can use Workable webhooks combined with Webhooks by Zapier :)

You can retrieve your access token from here: https://insert-your-subdomain-here.workable.com/backend/settings/integrations#workable-access-token

If you go here you can read more about how it works on the Workable side of things: https://workable.readme.io/docs/webhook-subscriptions. You can also subscribe to a webhook from that page:

da20653eafdd9e9f0513df3695d810c8.gif

In the animated GIF above, when I click on the green key icon, what you’d put there is the word Bearer followed by a space and then your access token.

In the args field, I just entered a space because something has to go there, but everything you need has already been entered in the other fields.

This is where you get the URL to put into the target field, from the Webooks by Zapier (Catch Hook) trigger step of your Zap: 

I don’t have a way to fully test it but this should get you started, to at least see if you can get the webhook notifications going to your Zap :)

Then you add the action step you need, turn on the Zap, and then when someone is hired in Workable it should trigger you Zap!

Userlevel 1

Thanks both, unfortunately I need the zap to run when any role is marked as hired, not just specific ones.  We have so many new roles that me adding a zap for each one doesnt make sense.

I wanted to run a zap for ‘all jobs’ 

Thanks

Amy

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @swytch!

I took a quick look at the webhook that Nick suggested above and it looks like it should return data for all ‘hired’ events, not just those for one job. Could you let me know if I’ve missed something? Is there a field/parameter that asks you to specify the job role?  Or if I’ve misunderstood completely, please let me know 😅

Userlevel 1

Thanks both, this now works and is fantastic.

Another issue I have though is when zapier takes the information through from workable its not taking the start date and manager that is allocated in the offer process (i.e. offer letter), do you know if there is a way this can be taken through?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi!

There’s not a way to add that information to the data that you’re getting from the webhook that triggers the Zap - that information is controlled by Workable, so you could make a feature request to ask them to include it in the candidate details. 

One way that you could get that information would be to use another webhook to request the Offer details from Workable. Looking at the Offer endpoint, it will give you both the start date and manager (you can see the details of that endpoint in the the Workable documentation here). So, you can add a GET Webhook action to your Zap after the trigger and send it to the Candidate Offer end point to get the Offer information for specific candidates. You’ll need the ID of the candidate to find the offer, which you’ll have from the trigger step 😁