Question

How do I search a sorted Google Sheet (or Zapier table) for highest values?

Hello! I want to search a google sheet (or a Zapier table if that helps), but I want to sort it before I search to ensure I grab the data with the the highest value in a certain column. Is there any way to do this? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @zapper512 

An alternative would be to use Airtable.

Airtable has Views.

Views can have sorts.

You can search for a record in a View and it will return the first matching record.

https://support.airtable.com/docs/sorting-records-in-airtable-views

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @zapper512 I think it is possible with Zapier tables too?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zapper512 and @fiona819 

I don’t think the Zap action for Zapier tables - Find Record supports choosing a View yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks! 👋

Troy is correct, it’s not currently possible to select a sorted view in a Find Record (Zapier Tables) action. . 

@zapper512 - I’d recommend submitting a feature request to the Zapier Tables team here to get it on their radar! 

If you’d prefer to do it in Google Sheets then again, you’d need to submit a feature request to our Support team as it’s not possible to select a sort order in Google Sheets search actions. 

Sorry to not have a more immediate solution to suggest. Do let us know if there’s anything else you’d like some help with in the meantime. 🙂

Thank you everyone! I resorted to using a helper sheet, having a script automatically sort. I’ll submit a feature request.