Best answer

How do I post a Teams message in HTML format to make URL links clickable?

• 20 September 2020
  • 83 replies

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

83 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Absolutely, @Nephar! Your votes been added and we’ll send you an email as soon as we know more. 🙂

I would like to be notified of this update as well please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here, @Abhishek Srinivas and @Nagasai!  

We’ve added your votes to the feature request as well. We’ll email you once there’s been an update on this! :)

@Danvers@SamB@christina.d Please consider my vote too to the feature request.

Mine too please, this is much needed as the chat that we currently recieve is just garbage without line breaks and links!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You got it, @TC-1! I got your vote added to that feature request and we’ll be in touch as soon as we know more. 

Welcome to the community. 🙂

@SamB 

Please add my vote also as I need the same feature.

thnak you

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome @Thibaud! I’ve added your vote to that feature request. We’ll be in touch as soon as it’s available! 

Please add me to this notification 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Welcome to the community, @PF_Devs! Sorry about the endless scroll but glad you’re here!

Absolutely, I got your vote added to that. We’ll send you an email and keep this thread updated as soon as we know more. 🙂

I was scrolling and scrolling hoping a resolution was found at the end.  Nope.  LOL.   @SamB , can I get added to the notification for this as well?  Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Tick42 Ltd! I’ve added your vote too. We will email you as soon as it’s added. :)

Hi Sam,

Please add us to the notification as well, this feature is eagerly awaited at our company.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing, @uob_international! Happy to confirm that I’ve added your vote as well. We’ll email you once it’s been added. :)

Welcome @Patrick Atkins! :)

I’ve just added your vote to that feature request. We’ll be in touch with you via email as soon as we have an update!  

Hi Sam, 

Could you please add us to the list for this feature request as well, please?

This is very important to us - otherwise the “Send Chat” feature is pretty much broken at this point without the ability to properly format messages.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome @Patrick Atkins! :)

I’ve just added your vote to that feature request. We’ll be in touch with you via email as soon as we have an update!  

Hi @AshleyMorris @FLIT @Vyto @fchen @azbctxks @sefzig @Julez!

We have an existing feature request for adding HTML/Markdown support to the Send Chat action in Microsoft Teams. I’ve added all of your votes to that, which means you’ll receive an email notification when it gets implemented :)

Please add me to this notification 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @AshleyMorris @FLIT @Vyto @fchen @azbctxks @sefzig @Julez!

We have an existing feature request for adding HTML/Markdown support to the Send Chat action in Microsoft Teams. I’ve added all of your votes to that, which means you’ll receive an email notification when it gets implemented :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there a feature request already logged for this or should all of us on this thread log one?

MS are phasing out Skype for MS Teams in Windows 11 and this feature is going to quickly become essential.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @FLIT 

You can submit a feature request for this to Zapier Support here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

When sending to channel you have the ability to select the formatting type.

View of Channel Message Options

But when you send the Chat Message, you don’t have the same options.

View of Chat Message Options

Only plain text is possible. Please extend the same formatting option to Chat Messages as you have to channels. 

*P.S.- The only reason most of us are using Chat Channels is because you can’t use a webhook to push to a private channel. I don’t need everyone in the team getting alerts, and I don’t want to make a new team to subscribe to alerts. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hitting the same issue here too. MS Chat messages show all text, HTML Mark or Mark down just appears in it’s raw form, whatever I try. 

A solution would be good, as I cant even do new lines at the moment.

Userlevel 1

I am hitting this same problem. 
Did anyone found a solution for this ? 

I am using Teams (beta) with Linux (Ubuntu). With Gnome terminal, there is a “copy as HTML” option, which embeds it and when I paste into Teams, it’s recognized.  However if i paste it into a text editor, the buffer became HTML code and when I copy/paste the HTML code into Teams it’s not converted, just showing as plain HTML code.

Hope this helps a bit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @Wemakefuture - So that I know how to help, I’m not sure what you mean by “move this to the devs.” Are you requesting a feature request here? Please let me know. Thanks!