Best answer

How do I interact with a custom built GPT? (OpenAI GPT Builder)

• 29 December 2023
  • 29 replies

Show first post

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @FoxLive!

Thanks for expressing your interest in having support for custom GPTs added to the ChatGPT app on Zapier. I’ve added your vote to the feature request for this. As I mentioned previously, we can’t share any estimates for when or if this will definitely be implemented, but we’ll definitely email you if it is added. 🙂

Userlevel 3
Badge

Friendly greetings @SamB and Happy New Year to you too!

When will Custom GPTs be supported in a Zap? I was searching and it led me to this post, I wonder if @lukeashton and myself have a similar use case. I’d like to use the same prompting that I do with the base ChatGPT, but switch it over to a custom GPT that can send back text AND images as I have it configured.

What I want to do:

1. In a Slack channel (or other tool), type a prompt which triggers the Zap
  2. The prompt gets passed by Zapier to my custom GPT
  3. My custom GPT parses and generates the output (which is NOT just text but also an image)
  4. Zapier sends it back to Slack, so I see the expected text AND image.

I want to see all input/output in Slack. I do not want to have to go to the OpenAI website.

By “custom GPT” I am referring to this: https://openai.com/blog/introducing-gpts

(Not “CustomGPT” with the purple brain logo, which is confusingly named and different.)

Hey!

I’m also very interested by this feature, let me know when it will be available please 🙏

Userlevel 3
Badge

@SamB Thanks for your timely reply. Are you able to share if custom GPTs are on the roadmap “sometime”? It would be good to know if they are planned, as opposed to “Nope, we’re not doing that”.

Alas trying to find a kludgy way to get close wouldn’t achieve the intended result. The whole point of the custom GPT we have setup is to streamline the info in one place.