Question

How do I Find a Zendesk ticket that's linked to a Jira issue?

• 11 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m working on a Zap to update a Zendesk ticket when a Jira issue gets updated.

My main goal is to update the status of existing Zendesk tickets that are linked to the Jira Issue. This link is the way the source Jira<>Zendesk integration associates a ticket with an issue.

The Zap requires that I inform a ticket number, and since the “zendesk ticket number” custom field from Jira doesn’t come up on the list, I’m trying to use the “find ticket” step.

I couldn’t find any options that pull this ‘original’ association to the zap, is there one?

I tried to lookup using a Zendesk custom field that replicates the exact text from Jira Key, but the search didn’t work:

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Fran00000 

Did you review the field description for possible guidance on how to write the Query?

Userlevel 1

If you mean the “more” below the field, I did, and also checked the link to Zendesk help center it refers to

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Fran00000 

Can you post the link you mentioned?

Userlevel 1

Hi, Troy!

This is what I meant:

Link: https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408886879258#topic_crj_yev_uc

Userlevel 1

Also, in case it helps understand what I’m trying to do, it is almost the opposite of this request:

The items are already linked, I want to know how to pull them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Fran00000 

In Zendesk, can you post screenshots of the matching field with this value as proof?

Make sure to remove this mapped invalid variable if it’s not being used.

Userlevel 1

This is the custom field, so you can verify the field ID.

This is a real ticket containing a Jira issue linked by the integrated jira app (right corner) and a custom ZD field capturing the jira issue key (left corner)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Fran00000 

These are not the same custom field IDs, perhaps that’s why.

Userlevel 1

It will be great if that’s the issue. I’ll double-check later today!!