Best answer

How Do I Create a Zap Using ServiceTitan Job Tags?

• 21 November 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

I am not seeing job tags as a filter, but I know it’s somehow possible! Any ideas on what I need to add to the zap to pull that information? Right now I just have booked job or completed job, but nothing available about the tags that exist on those jobs. 

icon

Best answer by ken.a 23 November 2023, 07:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @emckin2 

Good question.

First, make sure the ServiceTitan Job example you are using has Tags.

You may need to try adding a Zap step: ServiceTitan - Find Job by ID

That may return the Tags.

You may want to reach out to ServiceTitan Support for possible guidance.

Otherwise, you would need to explore using the ServiceTitan API: https://developer.servicetitan.io/apis/

Userlevel 1

Thank you! If I want to pull the ID for every booked job in order to filter the tags is there a way to do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@emckin2 

Which Zap trigger are you trying to use? https://zapier.com/apps/servicetitan/integrations#triggers-and-actions

The Zap trigger below would return the Job ID.

Userlevel 1

That is the one I am using. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@emckin2 

Help article for how to configure your Zap action steps:

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the links! I think figuring out what the custom value from ServiceTitan I need to put in for Job ID is my issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @emckin2,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Are you looking for a trigger on ServiceTitan that when a tag is added to a job the Zap will trigger? If so, we have an open feature request for this exact functionality. Please let me know if you’d like to get added to that.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi Ken. Yes, that’s exactly what I need! I would definitely like to be added.

Is it possible currently with some type of workaround?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @emckin2,

Thanks for confirming!

I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request for the “Tag Added to Job” trigger for ServiceTitan. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Regarding the workaround, you might be able to use Webhooks by Zapier for this workflow as long as there’s an available API in ServiceTitan that allows you to trigger on added tags on a job. 

​Just to be upfront, Webhooks by Zapier is considered an advanced feature, so our support for it may be more limited. Not because we don't want to help, but because APIs can be so different and each request can be so unique. This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected. 

That said, we do have list of certified Zapier Experts that might be able to help you with the workaround for this. You can reach our Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Thank you!