Question

How do I create a Zap to notify if there are no leads from the Facebook Form in five Days?

• 15 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi!

I’m looking to add a feature to my Zap that will notify me if a lead has not come through a Facebook form in more than 5 days. I was thinking of adding a delay of 5 days and then sending a Slack message to a channel. The workflow would look like this: Facebook form → CRM → Wait 5 days → Slack message. However, I’m not sure if the Zap will reset when the trigger triggers while on the delay. Is this possible, or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @tier1 

Good question.

You would likely need to add another step after the Delay to search for new data.

Hi @tier1 

Good question.

You would likely need to add another step after the Delay to search for new data.

Thanks for the help Troy, si I’m guessing it does not reset then? If it did, I could just send the slack message after the delay.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tier1 

Depends what data you are sending in the Slack step.

If it’s mapped Step 1 (FB) or Step 2 (CRM), then that data will be data from 5 days before.

In other words, it won’t be the freshest data from those steps if you are hoping to have updated data.

@tier1

Depends what data you are sending in the Slack step.

If it’s mapped Step 1 (FB) or Step 2 (CRM), then that data will be data from 5 days before.

In other words, it won’t be the freshest data from those steps if you are hoping to have updated data.

Nothing too fancy, I just want to send a message like 

“Hey, no new leads for X campaign in 5 days”

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tier1 

Ok that will require a whole different setup.

I’d recommend logging these leads into an Airtable.

You can link records across Tables. (Leads, Dashboard)

You can configure a Rollup field on the Dashboard Table, MAIN record to pull thru the most recent timestamp for when a Linked Lead was created.

You can configure a Formula field on the Dashboard Table, MAIN record to calculate the date/time difference between NOW and the timestamp for when the most recent Lead record was created.

Airtable has Views, which are segments of data. (sort, filter, etc.)

Views can be used to trigger Zaps or Airtable Automations.

Airtable Automations have an integration with Slack.

If you need help, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Another solution would be on the current Zap to always set a given key in Storage by Zapier (e.g., “facebook-lead-received-your-initials”) to the current date

Then in a second Zap, have it run every day and retrieve the value at that same key. If the day is more than five days ago, alert