Best answer

How do I create a Zap that individually copies files from Monday.com to Google Drive?

• 17 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to:

• Copy files added to a column in Monday.com called Attached Files to a specific folder in my GDrive

I created this zap to do the following:

1. When an update is made to an item in Monday (NOTE: It would not surface my files column when I tried to use “Specific Column Value Changed in Board)
  2. Get the column values for the Files column
  3. Extract the URLs separately
  4. Loop them so that each URL is sent to GDrive on it’s own rather than as a zip file
  5. (NOTE: this is the step I’m having problems with) Figure out whether the file already exists in the GDrive, if it doesn’t, then
  6. Upload the file to Gdrive with the Public URL from the Loop

I have two problems:

• this would be way easier if my Files column would surface for discovery in Step 1 
    • I’ve tried renaming the column
    • Using developer mode to see the name of the column
    • refreshing the data in Zapier
  • In Step 5, I have files that I know have been uploaded, but they aren’t being found. I think this is because the file name is actually different than the Public URL link, but I can’t find data that displays only the file name. I’ve tried the results name from step 2, the public url from step 2 and step 3 and the result of the loop. I don’t think I want this step before the loop because the loop is what pulls all of the results into separate items, but moving it up didn’t seem to make a difference either.

Any help would be appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by cb-ITHAKA 21 July 2023, 23:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cb-ITHAKA 

Good question.

You can save a step by adjusted Step 5 to be find/create.

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Troy Tessalone. I tried that and I’m getting an error on the step now

I made sure I am using a row that has files attached (the data is showing up correctly from the previous step) and there are currently no files in that folder on GDrive, so I don’t see a reason it shouldn’t work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cb-ITHAKA 

Try testing each Zap step again.

Some steps generate temp files/links that expire.

Userlevel 1

Ah! I found the culprit. I hadn’t captured a column name change in Monday. I tried sending a new item and it worked. I attached two files and both were added to the drive. When I tried changing another column value though, it sent a duplicate of the first attachment 🤔 I think my brain is done for the day, so I will try again on the morrow! Thank you for your help and I’ll post the solution when I find it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @cb-ITHAKA,

Great job on finding the culprit! It happens to the best of us.

Thank you for keeping us updated. Feel free to share the solution once you find it! We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Userlevel 1

Alright I figured out the duplicate issue. I needed to also extract and format the file titles so they could be used in the loop with the URL. It’s now working like a charm!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @cb-ITHAKA,

That's fantastic news! We’re glad to hear that you've managed to resolve the duplicate issue.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re always happy to help! 🤗