Best answer

How Do I Create a Get List Custom Action in Hubspot

• 26 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Hello Zapier Community, 

I’m trying to set a quarterly reminder that fetches a Hubspot list and sends its contents in a Teams message. 

I’ve been able to get the quarterly timer, as well as the Teams integration worked out, but I’m missing the Hubspot x Zapier List integration. Zapier has Edit List, or add contact to a list, but I’m trying to Get List. 

With this in mind I’ve started to try out the Custom Integration feature to try to build a “Get List” Action, but I’m a bit lost. 

Here is the Action, it should be extremely simple. 

I don’t have any Additional Headers or Params, the filtering should already be done by the dynamic list. But I keep getting the Error 500 but no tips on how to fix it. 

This is my first experience with APIs, but I’ve followed some basic tutorials and I most don’t require more than this. Is it just a List problem, or is it a user error?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by SamB 28 March 2024, 14:32

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @HeruSalesOps 

Per the instructions section, make sure the dynamic variables have double curly brackets.

{{listId}}

Hi @HeruSalesOps 

Per the instructions section, make sure the dynamic variables have double curly brackets.

{{listId}}

Hi Troy, thanks for replying.

I just added the second set of curly brackets but no improvement. I also tried removing the /memberships as well to see if it would just read me the title of the list first, but still getting the same 500 Error pictured above. I also changed the Key of the input field to match the one in the URL (listId). I don’t think that would have mattered, but just in case. No improvement yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@HeruSalesOps 

For us to have true context, post updated screenshots for us to review.

Call Request Input
Error Message

Some info about the List, it is a list of Deals, not contacts. Also, it is an active list. From what I’ve read though, there shouldn’t be any issue regarding either of those qualities.

Thanks for your help so far Troy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @HeruSalesOps 👋

Looking at HubSpot’s API documentation it appears that /crm/ is missing from URL endpoint:
828cd7017bf7bf667ce21f321cc650b2.png

Can you try updating the URL to be https://api.hubapi.com/crm/v3/lists/{{listId}}/memberships instead:
ffe5c532b1ac287b63a0380b5b202b92.png

Then test the action again and let us know if it works correctly?

Hi Sam, 

That Worked! Really appreciate your help. Just for reference on why I wasn’t using the format that we have now landed on: 

That last example is the one I was working on that doesn’t include CRM in the path, and it didn’t have the double curly brackets, thus why I was struggling. 

I’ll see if I can get the whole automation working now.

Regards,

Gabriel, Heru SalesOps

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! I’m so glad that sorted it @HeruSalesOps! 🎉

Ah yes, it definitely looks as though they’ve omitted the necessary /crm/ from the URL paths mentioned there. Might be worth reaching out to them to let them know that page of their API documentation needs updating to make it clearer so other folks don’t run into the same issues. 

Let us know if you run into any issues in setting up the rest of the Zap, happy to help further! 🙂