Best answer

How do I automate the extraction of .mp4 files from Zoom recordings in Dropbox and upload them to Vimeo via Zapier?

• 8 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Hello, I am a teacher who teaches on Zoom. 

I post recorded lessons on our website after class. I want to automate this with zapier.

At the end zoom class, the class file is automatically saved as a folder in the Dropbox.

I want to extract only .mp4 files from these files and upload them to Vimeo account.

please help me. T.T

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 8 February 2024, 17:08

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sua 

Since Zoom creates new Folders, you’ll likely have to manually move the desired files into the Dropbox folder being watched by the Zap trigger.

I've already tried the method you said. It works well and the video upload to my Vimeo account is working well.

But the problem is that when I save it from Zoom to Dropbox, it's saved as a folder (I need other files too) and the Zap doesn't work properly at this time.

So I need Zap to move mp4 file only from the folder when there is a new folder in Dropbox

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sua

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: Dropbox - New File in Folder
  2. Action: Filter
    1. For file format = .mp4
  3. Action: Vimeo - Upload Video

Troy Tessalone

I really appreciate your help but I can't find it even if I scroll down.

Is it because I chose New folder in Dropbox?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sua 

Scroll down to see if there is a data point related to the file format/extension.

Filter condition: [VARIABLE] contains mp4

Hi Troy Tessalone

I'm trying the method you told me, but I can't do the second step.

How can I set "For file format = .mp4"?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sua 

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: Dropbox - New File in Folder
  2. Action: Filter
    1. For file format = .mp4
  3. Action: Vimeo - Upload Video