Best answer

How do I automate the extraction of .mp4 files from Zoom recordings in Dropbox and upload them to Vimeo via Zapier?

• 8 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Hello, I am a teacher who teaches on Zoom. 

I post recorded lessons on our website after class. I want to automate this with zapier.

At the end zoom class, the class file is automatically saved as a folder in the Dropbox.

I want to extract only .mp4 files from these files and upload them to Vimeo account.

please help me. T.T

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 8 February 2024, 17:08

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sua 

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: Dropbox - New File in Folder
  2. Action: Filter
    1. For file format = .mp4
  3. Action: Vimeo - Upload Video

Hi Troy Tessalone

I'm trying the method you told me, but I can't do the second step.

How can I set "For file format = .mp4"?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sua 

Scroll down to see if there is a data point related to the file format/extension.

Filter condition: [VARIABLE] contains mp4

Troy Tessalone

I really appreciate your help but I can't find it even if I scroll down.

Is it because I chose New folder in Dropbox?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sua

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: Dropbox - New File in Folder
  2. Action: Filter
    1. For file format = .mp4
  3. Action: Vimeo - Upload Video

I've already tried the method you said. It works well and the video upload to my Vimeo account is working well.

But the problem is that when I save it from Zoom to Dropbox, it's saved as a folder (I need other files too) and the Zap doesn't work properly at this time.

So I need Zap to move mp4 file only from the folder when there is a new folder in Dropbox

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sua 

Since Zoom creates new Folders, you’ll likely have to manually move the desired files into the Dropbox folder being watched by the Zap trigger.