Best answer

How do I attach a document to a new task in ClickUp?

• 19 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I have a zap that flows as follows:

trigger: Document is completed in panda doc

step 1: find deal in pipedrive

step 2: update deal in pipedrive (to update the status of the deal to “won”)

step 3: create task in click up

During step three, I was hoping to be able to attach the document from Pandadoc to the new task in click up. 

I have tried adding a “files” field in my click up template but that is not coming up as an available field to then attach the document to in zapier. 

I am happy to use either pandadoc or pipedrive as the document source, but the location the document is attached to must be the new task that is created in this zap. 

icon

Best answer by ken.a 19 March 2024, 10:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @kathsass94,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like it’s not possible to upload a file in ClickUp when using the “Create Task” action. However, we have an existing feature request for this exact functionality.

I have added you to the feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps!

I am running into the exact same issue. Except I’m using Gravity Forms.

I have a 3 fields that are attachment custom fields types on my form, and they are the only 3 fields that don’t appear in list of custom fields.

While we wait for Zapier to add this feature, the workaround would be for the action to be ‘’Post attachment in Clickup’’, you select the form you just created in a previous step, and you attach the file.

In this case the file is attached to the default ‘’attachment’’ field as opposed to your ‘’attachment’’ custom fields.

It’s not ideal but it gets the file onto clickup. It seems like Zapier has the ability to pull files but just doesn’t do it yet for custom fields.