Best answer

How can I map Table data elements to Wordpress Tags so I can Loop through an apply each relevant Wordpress Tag?

• 11 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am using a Zap Table to collate data and create Wordpress posts. I’m using a Zapier Loop to iterate through relevant rows on the Table to publish many posts at one time. All working well — Headline, Excerpt, etc, publishing dozens of WP posts immediately using the dynamic elements from the Table. Things break when I want to use Tags from the Loop. 

I have a Table column with various Wordpress Tags, call them Table-f1-1, Table-f1-2, and Table-f1-3. However, I cannot put these values in the Tag field — Wordpress Zap breaks down. Wordpress wants you to select Tags already present on the website (like Categories).

I have three Tags on Wordpress website: WP-Tag-1, WP-Tag-2, WP-Tag-3. To any person who can read, these are identical to my Table tags, but Wordpress doesn’t know that because the field wants WP Tag data — not whatever iterate Loop data is. 

The issue is I need to apply various Tags to various Loop iterations, so I cannot hard-select the Wordpress Tag. I need a dynamic iterative value that changes as the Loop creates various posts. 

So the question: How can I map Table data elements to Wordpress Tags so I can Loop through an apply each relevant Wordpress Tag?

Let’s say the following Table elements map to Wordpress Tags:

• Table-f1-1 → WP-Tag-1
  • Table-f1-2 → WP-Tag-2
  • Table-f1-3 → WP-Tag-3

How can I map these values in the Loop function so I can iterate a dynamic value on the Wordpress Zap Tag field?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 11 October 2023, 18:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jbtx 

Good question.

Can you provide screenshots of the Zap fields you are having an issue with?

If you are trying to use a dropdown field with options.

Then each option has 2 values. (top/bottom)

The field expects the bottom internal value.

That means you may have to do some data translation to pass in the expected field value.

Userlevel 1

Hey @Troy Tessalone — thanks for replying.

Example of Wordpress Tag field below:

As mentioned, I cannot select each value here for each post. I need to use a separate Zap that can map my Custom values from the Loop to these Wordpress Tags. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jbtx

For example, if you are trying to use Tag “A”, then the field expects a value of 1375 to be dynamically mapped via the ‘Custom’ tab.

The Tag icon is 123 which indicates the field expects a number.

Userlevel 1

Ah! @Troy Tessalone - thank you. I created a new Table column with these numbers instead of text, first Loop test worked well and published post with Wordpress Tag. Simple. Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @jbtx! Big thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗